And here we are again! It isn't exactly the month I had expected, with the sudden Victorian lockdown which brings with it a range of emotions. I try to keep positive by focussing on the small moments I can control throughout my day. For example, making my bed each morning, exploring my neighbourhood (I discover something new each time!) and enjoying the evening sunsets.
I have also been trying to stop and reflect on how fortunate I am to have my studio. The ability to come to work and focus on things other than Covid and lockdown has been a lifesaver. Amongst all the chaos experienced nationwide, the busy month at the studio has been a saving grace. Here's a quick wrap of what's been going on:
- We went on sale! And I also wrote a blog about why. I believe as consumers, we gain so much power by being informed. Empowering my audience around why a brand goes on sale is my way to support the fashion community and foster a change in the collective narrative.
- We launched the Pillar Capsule Collection! We have been so eager and excited to share this range with you all. All the pieces were made in-house and have been a welcome distraction during this time. I hope they bring your the same joy as they have to me.
- Our AW range is in the works. Below is a little sneak preview for you all. This hasn't been an easy collection to create, as my inspiration levels are at an all-time low. Reflecting on why I started LH and receiving incredible support from our community has helped push me through the creative block. That and discovering some stunning fabrics were the motivational and inspirational pushes I needed to create a range that I am proud of. I cannot wait to share it with you!
- But that's not all we've been working on. My wonderful studio / creative assistant, Emily and I have been preparing the SS collection for release next month. We are working with CGT Clothing Manufactures as well as producing some items in-house.
- And last, but definitely not least, I became an Auntie. This has been the best gift to receive this year! My beautiful niece is in Sydney with my brother and his wife, so we've had to settle for frequent videos and photos updates. Thank goodness for technology making it that slightly bit easier not being able to squeeze her IRL.
Stay safe, everyone - Lois x